My Car insurance policy includes a Driver Cover. Is this necessary?
The Driver Cover is an essential element of each individual security plan because:
- the driver is covered in the same way as if a third party (i.e. like another driver) were completely responsible for the accident;
- its cover is more extensive than that of Accident Insurance, for which the guarantees are freely set by the insured;
- Driver Cover provides compensation for the actual damage, such as temporary or permanent physical disability, financial loss caused by a temporary or permanent inability to work or caused to the family as a result of the death of the driver;
- it allows for full compensation in serious cases involving high insured amounts;
- it automatically includes the indirect costs of a serious accident, in particular the costs of prostheses, funeral costs, etc.