My house has been broken into. What should I do?
If you have been the victim of a burglary, be sure to stay calm and try to follow the following advice:
- call the police as soon as possible and make a formal complaint;
- do not touch anything until the police arrive;
- take any necessary measures to prevent a second burglary. Change the locks or replace the broken window. Keep the replaced objects carefully, they could be useful for the inquiry;
- notify your insurance agent or LALUX of the claim;
- prepare a list of stolen items. Do not forget to include the phrase “Subject to later discoveries”. It often happens that you only notice that a rarely used item is missing a few days later. Keep invoices, estimates and any other evidence and attach it to the report.